Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Female Costuming/Cosplay

So, as I'm getting ready for the family vacation, I'm also preparing for my new photographic adventure. Last year I went out on the sand dunes at midnight with a few friends and a whole box of glow-sticks and we had a blast. I got some cool pics in the process. (See image below)

Well, this year I plan to do some shoots of myself. I've been searching all over for the best sort of medieval/fantasy getup. I'm going for a sort of warrior maiden look of my own design. I've been scouring for costumes or parts to get the look I'm going for here, but I find the lack of sensible warrior maiden costumes out there to be quite sad. I'm not looking for minimal clothing or provocative clothing, I'm looking to create a practical sort of getup here that offers protection, plus a touch of  femininity. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently so. Women in this day and age just have no respect for themselves I swear. While my designs may have a bit of a "flair" to them, they are rarely provocative and slutty. That just ruins it.

Authenticity. It's dead. You want to be a female warrior? You'd better know how to sew and work metal, because you won't find anything decent on the market. Do you think anyone in their right mind would go to war or protect the home in heels and a bare stomach? Women, rise up, we're not objects to be dressed up and ogled over, you all want to be better don't you?
This is What I mean

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. TV Tropes has a whole page on women's armor, specifically the lack of it. It's not just cosplay, it's the movies. At least The Clone Wars gave Bo-Katan more logical armor, though Ahsoka probably should have been wearing more clothing. Seems like people forget that women get cold. (After watching Young Justice, I decided Wonderwoman's superpower must be staying warm with almost no clothing.)

    Rebel Rider

    ReplyDelete