Friday, March 22, 2013

Costume

So today I'm thinking of maybe going out to gather up a few supplies to make my hand designed 'Rogue Jedi' costume a bit more of a reality. I once made a simple version of it, but I've since outgrown it and the design has gotten so much better. My goal is to one day complete the whole thing and have it displayed in my room, along with the rest of my little Star Wars collection.
I also need to make my lightsaber hilt as featured in the Blog header. I designed it a long time ago, not a whole lots has changed about it, unlike my attire. anybody else ever built a realistic lightsaber hilt? Got any tips to share?
So the parts I plan on picking up today consist of a thick, durable sort of synthetic leather material. This is for the back covering and sash part of the costume. The bodysuit and cloth parts will be easy and fairly inexpensive to buy/make. Also I need to figure out how to make a good belt as well....
 I'm wary of the armor part. Without the support of anyone besides myself around here, making armor plates is going to be very hard. I could really use my dad's help, but even if he did have the time for it, he'd never help me with it.
The armor parts are both trooper and Mando designs. Two short bracers for the forarms, made of silver metal alloy, along with the torso plates, then two upper arm cuffs of white trooper plastoid armor.

Here's sort of a rough, lousy quality sketch of the under armor and cloth parts:
For the black bodysuit I'm planning on saving up a bit of extra for this: bodysuit. It's perfect for what I need. I already have the boots saved. as far as hair style and other accessories, already set there. So I've got that covered. It'll be a while, but I can't wait to see it done.

EDIT:

So I'm heading out now. I told my mom what I was up to and she's borderline on it. She doesn't mind so much that I want to see my design come to life....It's just...The design that throws her. Her little girl loves Star Wars. She's never liked it one bit.... I'm not even gonna tell my dad because he'll have a conniption and probably refuse to let it happen. I've already been told countless times I'll be 'disowned' if I dress up and go hang out with 'weirdos' at some convention. Now it's not really my thing anyways since I'm a nervous wreck in crowds of people. But I happen to know a few of these 'weirdos'. They are nice people who generally dress up and go to help some charity. That I would not mind one bit. But of course, we don't have anything so awesome around here and All the people I know would never put up with it. They all to busy be normal not 'losers'...
*sigh* why is being a Star Wars loving girl such a crime to the people I love?

No comments:

Post a Comment